Configuring a dynamic SQL address book
You must configure the SQL connection settings to use the dynamic SQL database for contacts.
This option is available only if you have purchased the External Address Book license, an add-on to FootPrints. For more information, contact a BMC sales representative or your local distributor.
To configure an address book for using dynamic SQL
- Open the address book and contact item that you want to configure:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the Address Books section, perform one of the following options:
- Click the address book name.
- Click Manage to open the Address Book Administration page and then double-click the address book.
- In the left pane of the Address Book details page, click Contacts.
- Double-click the contact item that you want to configure.
- In the left pane, click Address Book Options.
- Select Dynamic SQL.
The Configure External Source button becomes active.
- Click Configure External Source.
- In the External Address Book Configuration: Dynamic SQL page, complete the following fields:
- In the Server Address field, enter the name or IP address of the SQL server for this address book.
- In the Server Port field, enter the port number for the server.
- In the Database Type field, select the appropriate option:
- Sql Server
If you select Database Type as Sql Server, in the External DB Security Type field, select an appropriate option:
For non-encrypted connection: None
For encrypted connection: SSL Connection (Default certificate)
To complete the encrypted connection configuration, on the Java tab (C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\bin > Tomcat7w.exe), you must enter the
-Djsse.enableCBCProtection=falseparameter and restart the Tomcat service.
- In the Database field, type the name of the default database for this address book.
- In the Server User ID and Server Password fields, enter the credentials for logging into this server.
- Click Connect.
The system attempts to connect to the SQL database server. If the connection is successful, the mapping section becomes active.
- In the Table or View field, select the table or view that contains the fields for this address book.
- To map the SQL source fields to the Footprints Address Book Fields, click an entry in the SQL Fields column and select the matching field.
For more information, see Working with mappings.
- Click Save.
After you save this record, the Server User ID and Password fields become read-only.
- To modify Server User ID and Password, click Change Credentials.
You can return to this page at any time to update the server credentials.
To implement your changes, in the breadcrumb trail, click the Address Book link, and then click Save and Publish.