Changing the location of the file attachments directory
System Administrators can change the location of the file attachments directory. To change the maximum size allowed for attachments and the attachments directory, see Restricting incoming attachment size.
Attachments are stored in a hierarchical file structure on the file system and not in the database. This structure optimizes access to the files.
To change the location of the file attachments directory
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the System Management section, click System Settings > Server Configuration.
The Server Configuration page appears.
- In the Path to the Repository field, enter the new location of the attachments directory.
- Click Save.
- Move the file from the original directory to the new location.
To verify that the changed location is available
- Create a record and attach a file to it.
- Save the record and close it.
- Open the ticket again.
The attachment should be available for viewing or downloading.