Adding System Administrators
You can create users and assign them the System Administrator role but you must have System Administrator permissions to do so.
To add a System Administrator
Click the Administration tab.
In the User Management section, click Users.
The Users page appears.
The Create New User page appears.
- In the Role field, select System Administrator.
You can also select a System Administrator role that you created and copy it.
- In the License Type field, select Fixed.
System Administrator users must be assigned Fixed licenses. For more information about licenses, see Licenses.
- In the Name field, enter the Administrator's first and last name.
- In the User ID field, enter a user name for the Administrator.
The Administrator will log in to the application with this user name.
- (Optional) In the Authentication field, select an authentication method.
The FootPrints authentication method is the default.
Enter a password for the Administrator in the Password field, then enter it again in the Confirm Password field.
- (Optional) To de-activate this user role, in the Account Status section, clear the Active check box.
- (Optional) In the Licensing field, select any additional licensing options that apply to this user.
- In the Email Optionssection:
- In the Primary Email field, enter the Administrator's primary email address.
- (Optional) To add additional email addresses for the Administrator, click Add email address, then enter the email address in the text box.
You can add two additional email addresses.
- (Optional) To send automatic email notifications to one of the additional addresses, select Send notifications to this address next to one of the addresses.
Each email address can be used for only one user in the system.
- In the Assign Containers to User section, assign the Administrator to at least one container (such as a workspace or address book), and a role for each container:
- In the Container column, select the containers to which you want to assign the user. To select all listed containers, select the check box next to the Container heading.
- In the Role column, select a role from the Select Role drop-down list next to each container.
You must select a role for each selected container. Generally, this is the container's Administrator role, but you can select other roles as they apply to this particular System Administrator role.
- (Optional) In the Supervisor column, select the user's supervisor.
- (Optional) In the Billing information section:
- Click Add to add a billing rate.
- Complete the fields and click Update.
For more information, see Defining billing rates.
- Repeat steps a and b to create additional rates.
- (Optional) In the Language field, select the Administrator's preferred language.
English is the default. The user can change this later.
- (Optional) In the Date Format field, select one of the following options:
- American - MM/DD/YYYY
- European - DD/MM/YYYY
- ISO - YYYY/MM/DD
- (Optional) In the Local Time Zone field, select a local time zone for the Administrator .
For example, select America/New_York (EST).
- Click Save.
The new System Administrator user is created and appears on the Users page.