Creating service level targets
A service level target (SLT) calculates specific numeric values for the response and resolution periods as a part of creating work targets. You can create service level targets for managing ticket processing against service contract requirements. For best performance, you should create separate records for response and resolutions with information about the acceptable times for each (as specified in the related contract). You can create as many SLTs as you need, selecting resolution times and other settings to manage the progress of tickets from creation to closure in an timely and efficient manner.
It is important to set realistic expectations when creating SLTs, to allow the agents to respond to tickets and meet or exceed the related service levels.
The following topics are provided:
Before you begin
- Ensure that you have your SLT item definitions configured.
- Ensure that you have defined at least one field on the SLT item and Ticket item too, with the same name and with the exact same choices, so that the system can find a match and create a work target.
- Ensure that you have configured a Work Target/Service Level Target relationship between the service portfolio and your workspace container.
- Ensure that you have configured a Ticket/Work Target link type in the workspace.
To create a service level target
- Select More > Service Portfolio.
- Select Actions > New > Service Portfolio/ Service Level Target.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the SLT.
For more information about SLT fields, see Creating service level target definitions.
- In the Priority field, select an appropriate value.
- In the Target Type field, select an appropriate value.
- In the Trigger Date field, select an appropriate value.
- In the Target Value field, select an appropriate value (default is 4hrs).
- In the Target Unit field, select an appropriate unit.
- In the Based on Schedule field, select an appropriate work schedule.
- In the FulFillment Threshold (%) field, select an appropriate threshold value.
- In the Notification Threshold (%) field, select an appropriate value.
- (Optional) Configure remaining fields according to your requirements.
- Click Save.
You can configure an appropriate SLM rule that searches for a matching SLT when a ticket is created or updated. For more information about business rules, see Configuring business rules.