TSSAFR7, TSSAFR8, and TSSAFR9 maintenance procedure
TSSAFR7, TSSAFR8, and TSSAFR9 must be assembled and run with the same level of IMS.MACLIB that the IMS log records were created from. If you have different levels of IMS PUT maintenance for different IMS systems, you will need to keep a separate TSSAFR7, TSSAFR8, and TSSAFR9 modules in sync with each IMS system.
To apply TSSAFR7, TSSAFR8, and TSSAFR9 maintenance
Choose one of the following methods to reassemble and link TSSAFR7, TSSAFR8, and TSSAFR9:
Use the installation customization job ($C30DOPT) that is provided by the BMC Installation System, and only run the Fast Path Recovery Utility steps to reassemble and link the modules.
The maintenance procedure is complete.
Edit and submit the FR7XASM sample JCL member that is provided in the sample library FPSSAMP (if you selected separate libraries for the installation) or the sample library IMSAMP (if you selected merged libraries for the installation).
Continue to Step 2 and complete the remainder of the steps.
- Edit the following information in the FR7XASM member:
- Supply a JOBCARD that adheres to your site standards.
- Modify the SYSLIB DD data set names:
Modify the BMC.FRU.IMASM/FPSASM source library to reflect the name you assigned.
Modify the BMC.FRU.IMMAC/FPSMAC macro library to reflect the name you assigned.
Modify the IMSVS.ADFSMAC and IMSVS.SDFSMAC macro libraries to reflect the same IMS data set names that you used in your IMS generation procedure.
- Modify the SYSIN DD statement in the ASM step to reflect the name (BMC.FRU.IMASM/FPSASM) you assigned to the source data set. The member name will be either TSSAFR7, TSSAFR8 or TSSAFR9 for the step.
- Modify the LKED step SYSLMOD DD data set name to reflect the Fast Path Recovery Utility program data set name (BMC.FRU.FPSLIB, if you selected separate libraries for the installation or IMLIB, if you selected merged libraries for the installation). The member name will be either TSSAFR7, TSSAFR8 or TSSAFR9.
- Submit the job to perform the assembly and link of TSSAFR7, TSSAFR8 and TSSAFR9. When the job is completed, ensure the condition code for the ASM and LKED steps is zero.
- If a non-zero condition code is returned, ensure that correct data sets and member names have been supplied for the ASM and LKED steps, correct any errors, and rerun the job. If the problem persists, contact BMC Customer Support.