Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
To view the self-health of an Infrastructure Management component
In the navigation tree of the Infrastructure Management operator console, click Global > Event Collectors to view the Truesight Infrastructure Health node.
Infrastructure Management generates an event and displays it in the Truesight Infrastructure Health node if one or all of the scenarios mentioned below occur:
- The BMC PATROL Agent crashes and is disconnected from the Integration Service.
- A KM that is configured to collect data cannot do so because of extraneous reasons such as a time mismatch or clockaskew.
The connection between the Integration Service and the local or remote cell is lost.
When the cell is disconnected from the Integration Service, an event is generated.
When the cell is reconnected to the Integration Service, the event is closed and is displayed at Global > Event Collectors > Truesight Infrastructure Health > By Status > Closed.
- The connection between the Integration Service and the BMC PATROL Agent is lost.
- The Integration Service rejects the connection from an incompatible version of the BMC PATROL Agent (for example, BMC PATROL Agent version 9.0 and earlier). For information about compatible versions of the BMC PATROL Agent, see the SPAC tool.
- The Central Server loses connection with a Child Server.
- A Child Server loses connection with the Central Server.
- The connection between the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server and the Integration Service is lost. This may happen if the Integration Service crashes, or the computer in which the Integration Serviceis installedcrashes, or the network connection between the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server and the Integration Service is lost.
- The database pruner job that runs automatically every 15 minutes generates an event that is closed and is displayed at Global > Event Collectors > Truesight Infrastructure Health > By Status > Closed.
You can configure the severity for these events by performing the following steps:
- Open the installationDirectory/pw/custom/conf/pronet.conf file.
- Add the following parameters for respective components and set the value to one of
- Integration Service disconnecting from Server:
- PATROL AGENT disconnecting from Server:
- Cell associatedto Integration Service disconnecting from Server:
- Save and close the pronet.conf file.
- Restart the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server.
The Details notebook displays detailed information about the system for which the event was generated. Such events as classified as self-monitoring events and are displayed as such in the Summary notebook as shown in the following figure.
For information about the information that you can view and obtain from the Details notebook, see Viewing the Event Details Notebook.
For a use case in the context of which viewing self-monitored events is useful and what you can do with such events, see Detect problems using the automated self-health monitoring capability.