Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
If you encounter a problem that you cannot resolve with the troubleshooting information, you can contact BMC Customer Support for assistance. However, before contacting the BMC Customer Support, ensure that you have the following information available so that the Customer Support team can begin working on your issue immediately:
- Product information
- Product name
- Product version (release number)
- License number and password (trial or permanent)
- Operating system and environment information
- Computer type
- Operating system type, version, and service pack or other maintenance level such as PUT or PTF
- System hardware configuration
- Serial numbers
- Related software (database, application, and communication) including type, version, and service pack or maintenance level
- Sequence of events leading to the issue
- Commands and options that you used
- Messages received (and the time and date that you received them)
- Product error messages
- Messages from the operating system, such as
file system full
- Messages from related software
Determining the product version numbers
Before contacting the BMC Customer Support team, determine which version of the product you have installed. Perform the following procedures to find out the version number of the product that is installed on the server and the agent.
To display the version number of the product currently running on the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server
- Open the command prompt on the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server.
- Run the following command:
This command returns the version number of the product installed on the server.
To display the version number of the product currently running on the
- Open the command prompt on the local agent.
- Run the following command:
This command returns the version number of the product installed on the agent.
Verifying operating system and environment information
Review the Infrastructure Management System Requirements and Product Compatibility information located at in the Compatibility Matrix in the
BMC TrueSight Operations Management Deployment documentation
Verify that the required patches have been applied
BMC recommends that you install or update Infrastructure Management by using the patches listed in the technical bulletins for your version of Infrastructure Management.
JAVA Agent - Agent install requires usr lib X11.lib.so.4
The Agent installation requires the /usr/lib/X11.lib.so.4 file.
Ensure that the X11.lib.so.4 file exists in the /usr/lib directory.
Alternatively, you can create a symbolic link named X11.lib.so.4 that points to an arbitrary, already existing shared library.
Verify TCP control ports and Infrastructure Management ports
Verify the availability of the ports used by BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server and the web server, as listed at
Ports used by Infrastructure Management