The following topic shows you how to correlate and analyze performance and availability across the entire data center through a single monitoring platform and console that link application performance to the end-user experience and its underlying physical and virtual resources. The monitoring capability is provided across domains, platforms (mainframe and distributed), and vendors.
Infrastructure Management is the core product required to reduce events. It provides a single monitoring platform that collects data and events through a variety of data collection mechanisms, including:
- Agent-based and agentless real and synthetic user transactions
- Application components (such as databases and web applications)
- Infrastructure (servers)
- SNMP Network
- BMC and third-party monitoring solutions
By implementing this procedure, you can reduce the number of excess events that are generated in your environment and produce only events that require action.
Products and components required
Infrastructure Management components:
There are many user roles involved in the deployment, operation, and management of Infrastructure Management. Your company may employ the roles as described below, consolidate them into fewer roles, or divide them into roles with more granular responsibilities and may have other titles for these roles.
The following roles are required to complete this use case:
- Infrastructure Management Administrator
- BMC PATROL Administrator
- Infrastructure Management Operator (IT Operations user)
Before you begin
Before you begin this use case you must have installed the following Infrastructure Management components:
- Infrastructure Management Central Monitoring Repository (base) - includes the BMC PATROL Agents and monitoring solutions required for monitoring (Note: The Central Monitoring Repository is a separate download from the Infrastructure Management installation.)
- BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server with Central Monitoring Administration enabled - required to create monitoring installation packages, as well as to configure monitoring.
- Integration Service - integrates Infrastructure Management with BMC PATROL and other applications that provide events and data to the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server.
- Remote Cell- receives source event data from an adapter, integration, another cell, API, the Rate processor, or the cell Command Line Interface (CLI).
For detailed instructions aboutinstalling these components, see Installing Infrastructure Management components. After successfully installing these components, continue with the following tasks to complete this procedure.
Complete the following tasks to reduce events:
Configure third-party sources, the cell, or monitoring solutions (PATROL KMs) to generate actionable events
Configuring BMC Event Adapters to start collecting events
Cell configuration tasks
Use out-of-the-box or custom rules to reduce duplicate events or suppress excess third-party events.
The events generated by Infrastructure Management data collection are based on dynamic (baseline) thresholds to reduce the number of false events.
Managing event rules in the operator console
(Optional) If a service model is defined, define enrichment policies to automatically enrich events.
Event enrichment helps the IT operations staff understand the events in the context of what business services and components are impacted.
Enabling out-of-the-box dynamic enrichment event management policies
Creating a new dynamic enrichment event management policy
View the events in the Infrastructure Management operator console, assign an owner and a priority, and if required, open a trouble ticket based on the severity of the event
The IT operations specialist views the events in the Infrastructure Management operator console, assigns an owner and a priority, and if required, opens a trouble ticket based on the severity of the event.
Navigation tree overview
Assigning an event to an individual in the operator console
Setting the priority for an event in the operator console
Automatically create an incident ticket