Using a sample scenario, the following diagram illustrates the information flow in this integration.
- Infrastructure Management detects a degradation in the response time of a router.
- An alert is triggered and routed to Infrastructure Management.
- Using the event and the CI information, an Infrastructure incident is created in Incident Management through the web service.
Incident ID is sent back to Infrastructure Management.
If Infrastructure Management is running on SSL, you must configure SSL. For information about how to achieve this communication, see Configuring SSL for communication.
For information about importing the required SSL certificates, see Importing SSL certificates.
Infrastructure Management pulls the incident information from BMC Remedy ITSM through the HPD_OutbouboundEventInterface web service. For more information, see Using HPD_ IncidentOutboundEvent web service.
- An IncidentInfo event is created.
- Router issue is resolved and the corresponding event is closed in Infrastructure Management.
- The IncidentInfo event is closed, and the details are sent to Incident Management.
- A Service Desk technician closes the incident.