Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
The Infrastructure Management Database acts as a central repository for all the monitor configuration and statistical data in the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server, including the following:
- Configuration information such as users, devices, BMC PATROL Agents, and monitor solutions.
- Service-level objects (SLOs) and report data.
- Performance data such as raw performance data and event information.
- Analyzed and processed data, such as rate and baseline data
The following databases are supported on the Infrastructure Management Server:
- SAP SQL Anywhere ASA database: This is the default, embedded database provided as part of the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server installation. You do not need a separate license to install or operate the SAP SQL Anywhere ASA database.
- Oracle database: If desired, you can use an Oracle database instead of the default SAP SQL Anywhere ASA database. You must have a dedicated Oracle database instance for Infrastructure Management. You must also have Oracle installed with a valid license on a machine that does not have the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server installed. For information about setting up the Oracle database, Real Application Clusters (RAC), and Oracle Data Guard to work with Infrastructure Management, see
Managing the Oracle server
Preparing to install Infrastructure Management server with Oracle
Installing the Infrastructure Management Server on Microsoft Windows with Oracle
Configuring multiple Infrastructure Management child servers to connect to the same Oracle database