Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
The BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server is a core component that receives events and data from various sources, including:
- BMC PATROL Agents
- Event Management Cells
- Third-party event and data sources
After the Infrastructure Management Server collects this information, it processes events and data using a powerful analytics engine and additional event processing instructions stored in its database. The Infrastructure Management Server configures and controls data and event collection, stores the data, and presents that data in the form of graphs, reports, views, and events in the operator console. The Infrastructure Management Server can also leverage a service model (built within the Infrastructure Management Server or published from the BMC Atrium CMDB) to map data and events in context with business services.
Infrastructure Management Server components
The Infrastructure Management Server comprises the following components:
- Server Cell — The core event processing engine. It receives events from Remote Cells and adapters. For more information, see Infrastructure Management cells and Knowledge Base.
- Administration Cell — A cell that accepts registration, configuration, and other events from BMC product components and applications. It then creates the component definitions based on the event information. The Administration Cell also maintains a service model of the Infrastructure Management infrastructure. For more information, see Infrastructure Management cells and Knowledge Base.
- Infrastructure Management Database — A database that stores objects collected by the Infrastructure Management Server. You can choose to use an Oracle database or the default, embedded SAP SQL Anywhere ASA database. For more information about the database, see Infrastructure Management database.
- BMC Event Adapters — Brings in events from other sources and prepares these events collected by the cell for processing. For more information, see BMC Event Adapters.
- Infrastructure Management Self-monitoring Service — A local service dedicated to monitoring the health of the Infrastructure Management Server to ensure that it runs at peak performance.
- Publishing Server — An application that publishes service models from the Atrium CMDB to the Infrastructure Management Server Cell. For more information, see Publishing Server.
Consoles installed with the Infrastructure Management Server
The following components are installed with the Infrastructure Management Server:
TrueSight Infrastructure Management architecture and components