This topic provides instructions for enabling and disabling out-of-the-box standard event management policies.
For a list of out-of-the-box event management policies, see Out-of-the-box event management policies.
For information about enabling out-of-the-box dynamic enrichment policies, see Enabling out-of-the-box dynamic enrichment event management policies.
To enable or disable a standard event management policy
- From the Event Management Policies tab of the Administration View, expand the By Policy Type folder.
- Under the By Policy Type folder, select the policy type for the out-of-the-box standard event policy that you want to enable.
Out-of-the-box standard event policies are included under the following policy types:
- Closure Policy
- Recurrence Policy
- Suppression Policy
- Timeout Policy
A list of out-of-the-box standard event management policies of that policy type are displayed in the right pane of the Administration View as shown in the following figure.
List of event management policies
- From the list of event management policies, select the policy that you want to enable.
The Details tab for that policy is displayed in the details pane of the Administration View.
- On the toolbar, click Update Policy to enable the Details tab to be edited.
- Enable or disable the policy by selecting or deselecting the Enabled check box.
- Click OK.
administration console saves the defined event management policy, and it is displayed in the list of event policies for the selected event selector.