The dynamic enrichment location policy adds location information to an event.
Some examples of uses for a dynamic enrichment location policy include:
- Provides information to IT Operations so that they know which area/datacenter the problematic technology is located in and can direct engineers more quickly to the problem.
- Enables IT Operations to build views in the administration console of specific areas/data centers and understand at a glance where the problems are.
- Enables IT Operations to view reports in BMC Impact Reporting based on location. For example, they can identify which locations which are generating the most events.
- If you are integrating with a service desk the location identifier can be passed along with the rest of event, providing more useful information to the engineer that will be assigned to handle the incident.
To enable a dynamic enrichment location policy
- From the Event Management Policies tab of the Administration View, expand the By Policy Type folder.
- Under the By Policy Type folder, select Dynamic Enrichment Policy.
A list of out-of-the-box dynamic enrichment policies are displayed in the right pane of the Administration View as shown in the following figure.
List of out-of-the-box dynamic enrichment policies
- From the list of out-of-the-box dynamic enrichment policies, select Location_Enrichment.
The Dynamic Enrichment Policy Details tab, shown in the following figure, is displayed in the details pane of the Administration View.
Dynamic Enrichment Policy Details tab
- On the administration console toolbar, click the Update Policy button to make the Dynamic Enrichment Policy Details tab editable.
- To enable the policy, select the Enabled check box.
(Optional) Update other fields as required.
For more information about the fields, see Creating a new dynamic enrichment event management policy.
- Click OK.
If you added fields in the Redo Fields column, the following message is displayed:
- Click OK.
A green check mark should be displayed in the Enable column next to the policy in the event management policies list. (You may need to scroll the window to the right to see the Enable column.) The policy also should show up in the navigation tree in the left pane of the administration console window.
- Import the data from the dynamic enrichment source enrichment file as described in Importing dynamic enrichment source.