If you are integrated with PATROL, the dynamic enrichment PATROL message translation policy enables you to substitute existing PATROL messages with messages that are meaningful to your enterprise.
For example, you can use the PATROL message translation policy to change this message:
NT_CPU.CPU_0.CPUprcrUserTimePercent parameter CPUCputil triggered on 90 <= 97 <= 100
to the following, more comprehensible message:
CPU Utilization is at 97%
A sample dynamic enrichment service contact policy data source file, TextTranslation.csv, is provided in the installationDirectory\admin\etc\samples directory. The TextTranslation.csv file includes translations for many common messages that are useful in your enterprise. If you are integrated with PATROL, BMC recommends that you take advantage of the data that is already included in this sample file. For information about using the TextTranslation.csv file, see Using the sample PATROL messaging text translation dynamic enrichment source file.
To enable a dynamic enrichment PATROL message translation policy
- From the Event Management Policies tab of the Administration View, expand the By Policy Type folder.
- Under the By Policy Type folder, select Dynamic Enrichment Policy.
A list of out-of-the-box dynamic enrichment policies are displayed in the right pane of the Administration View as shown in the following figure.
List of out-of-the-box dynamic enrichment policies
- From the list of out-of-the-box dynamic enrichment policies, select PATROL_Message_Translation.
- Click Update Policy .
The Dynamic Enrichment Policy Details tab, shown in the following figure, is displayed in the details pane of the Administration View.
Dynamic Enrichment Policy Details tab
- To enable the event management policy, select the Enabled check box. If you do not want to enable the event management policy at this time, it can be enabled later.
- (Optional) Update other fields as required.
For more information about the fields, see Creating a new dynamic enrichment event management policy.
- Click OK.
If you added fields in the Redo Fields column, the following message is displayed:
- Click OK.
A green check mark should be displayed in the Enable column next to the policy in the event management policies list. (You might need to scroll the window to the right to see the Enable column.) The policy also should show up in the tree in the left pane of the administration console window.
- Import the data from the dynamic enrichment source enrichment file as described in Importing dynamic enrichment source.