Before you can define an event policy based on the user-defined policy type that you created, you must:
- Create a new Knowledge Base rule or rules to define the event processing done by the policy type.
- Copy the rule or rules to the Knowledge Base of each cell instance on which the user-defined policy is run.
The event processing rule or rules that you define for the new user-defined policy type must:
- Do dynamic selection (use the
- Reference the policy data class that describes the new policy type
To create the event processing rule for a new policy type
- Add a new file in the .../kb/rules directory, for example, my_policies.mrl, for the new event processing rule or rules for the new policy type.
- Edit the MRL file for the policy and write the event processing rule for the appropriate rule phase.
For more information, see
- Add the file name for the new rule or rules to the compiler load list in the ...\kb\rule\.load file.
- Compile the cell instance's Knowledge Base (KB) after defining the rule for the policy type.
For more information about compiling a KB, see Compiling a Knowledge Base - mccomp .
- Copy this KB change to every cell instance that uses a policy based on the new policy type.
The definition of the policy type is complete and users can now create policies based on it in the Custom Policy Type panel.