To allow a user without administrative right to edit CIs in Impact Model Designer, perform the following steps:
To create a user without administrative rights, perform the following steps:
8. Save the form.
To edit the CMDB Data Change All AR role, perform the following steps:
3. Open the CMDB Data Change All form.
4. Select the group created in step 3 to the Production field.
To create an AR user with only BPPM Model Administrators group membership, perform the following steps:
3. Add BPPM Model Administrator to the Group List field.
4. Click OK and save the form.
5. Again, open the created user form you just created and verify that the group is present under the Computed groups list.
You must download the PN_Groups.def file located at: ftp://ftp.bmc.com/pub/BPPM/PATCHES/IMD/. Download and save the definitions file on your local system. To import the file perform the following steps:
3. Select the AR server to which you want to import the file. Click Next.
4. Select the definition file to be imported and click Next.
5. Select the Replace Objects on the Destination Server check box as shown in the following figure:
6. Click Finish to import the definition file.
7.Restart the Midtier and AR Server and log on with the new user ID.