Before you begin
Ensure that you have obtained the following information from the Action Request System (AR System) administrator:
- Host name of the server where AR System is installed.
- Port number of AR System.
To enable bypassing of other authentication methods
- In the BMC Helix SSO Admin Console, select any realm with any authentication type except AR or Local.
- Select the Enable AR authentication for bypass, and then click the AR tab.
Enter the host name and port of the AR System server.
- Click Test to verify the connection works.
When you have enabled AR authentication for bypassing other authentication methods, to get authenticated against AR System, existing AR System end users can log in to their applications by using the following URL: http://<host_name>:<port_number>/rsso/start?bypass-auth=true&tenant=<realmId>&goto=<application_url>, where <application_url> is the URL of the application that the users want to access. Example of <application_url>: http://clm-aus-012345.bmc.com:6789/dwp/ for BMC Helix Digital Workplace. Each application has own URL.