© Copyright 1999-2018 BMC Software, Inc.
BMC, BMC Software, the BMC logo, the BMC Software logo, and other BMC marks, and the tagline “Bring IT to Life” are the exclusive properties of BMC Software, Inc., or its affiliates or subsidiaries and are registered or may be registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other BMC trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For BMC Control-M Products that are licensed on the “per CPU – Full Capacity” unit of measurement and installed in an Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) or Microsoft Azure (“Azure”) cloud environment, a license is required for the total number of CPUs in each AWS or Azure instance upon which the Product is installed or which the Product manages, either remotely or locally. For AWS, one CPU is equivalent to one vCPU, as defined by AWS. For Azure, one CPU is equivalent to up to four Virtual Cores (as defined by Azure), rounded up to the closest multiple of four.
Server Endpoint Licensing
All machines upon which any Control-M component is installed or upon which Control-M managed workload runs must be licensed. This includes Control-M Agent/Agentless platforms onto which one or more application plug-ins are installed but also includes Control-M Agent/Agentless platforms where no application plug-ins are installed. Control-M Agent/Agentless platforms on which jobs are ordered are counted regardless of whether those jobs execute or not. All Server Endpoints are counted, including development, staging, QA, pre-production, test, and production environments.
The licensing guidelines for application plug-ins are as follows:
- ERP and BI/DI: The application server(s) upon which Control-M managed processes are executed should be licensed in addition to the Control-M Agent machine(s) (in some cases, this may be the same machine).
- Databases: Each database server upon which Control-M managed database related processes are being executed should be counted in addition to the Control-M Agent machine(s).
- AFT and MFT: Only the machine(s) upon which the AFT or MFT plug-in is installed should be licensed.
- Web Services, Java & Messaging: Only the Control-M Agent machine(s) upon which the plug-in is installed should be licensed.
- Backup: The Control-M Agent machine(s) where the Backup plug-in is installed and also the hosts which are running the backup server software should be licensed (note that this excludes the client machines for which the Backup Server software is managing actual backup processes except where a backup takes place of the backup server machine itself).
- Cloud: Only the Control-M Agent machine(s) upon which the plug-in is installed should be licensed.
- Hadoop: All machines in each managed Hadoop Cluster should be licensed.
IBM® Tivoli® Business Service Manager, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler, IBM Cognos, IBM InfoSphere DataStage, IBM iSeries, IBM Websphere, and AIX® are the trademarks or registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
UNIX® is the registered trademark of The Open Group in the US and other countries.
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SAP® R/2 and SAP R/3, SAP Business Objects, and SAP NetWeaver are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries.
BMC Software Confidential.
The information included in this documentation is the proprietary and confidential information of BMC Software, Inc., its affiliates, or licensors. Your use of this information is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable End User License Agreement for the product and to the proprietary and restricted rights notices included in the product documentation.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of BMC Software, Inc.
Third party Software
Click here for the provisions described in the BMC License Agreement and Order related to third party products or technologies included in the BMC product.
BMC Software, Inc.
2103 CityWest Blvd, Houston TX 77042-2828, USA
713 918 8800
Customer Support: 800 537 1813 (United States and Canada) or contact your local support center