This procedure describes how to uninstall BMC Virtual Chat while leaving the BMC Remedy AR System and Mid Tier servers intact.
Before uninstalling and installing BMC Virtual Chat, you must clear the caches to avoid errors with required ports in use.
To launch the BMC Virtual Chat uninstaller on Windows
BMC Virtual Chat is installed on two servers: BMC Remedy AR System and Mid Tier.
- As administrator, log on to the BMC Remedy Mid Tier server.
- Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel on the Windows desktop.
- In the Control Panel dialog box, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the Add/Remove Programs dialog box, select BMC Virtual Chat.
- Click Uninstall.
- When the uninstaller launches, review the uninstall information, and click Next to continue.
- After completing the uninstaller, log on to the BMC Remedy AR server.
- Repeat steps 2-6.
To launch the BMC Virtual Chat uninstaller on UNIX
- Log in to the system as root.
- From the BMCVirtualAgent/UninstallBMCVIrtualAgent/ folder, run uninstaller.jar.
- When the uninstaller launches, select which features to uninstall.
To flush caches
After completing the upgrade, clear, or flush, the cache on all BMC Remedy Mid Tier servers and restart the Apache Tomcat server.
For more information, see About Mid Tier caching in the BMC Remedy AR System online documentation.