This topic contains information about fixes and updates in this service pack, and provides instructions for downloading and installing the service pack.
Where to find more information
Service Pack 1 provides the following enhancements:
Enhancements to the Self Service Portal (new interface)
The classic interface remains the same. The following enhancements to the Self Service Portal new interface are available:
- The chat display is now more visually similar to other instant messaging applications.
- The display of the Quick Links tab is improved.
- The display of knowledge article links is improved.
- On the Open Items tab, the display of open chats and open incidents are displayed under expandable menus.
- Alerts and error messages are displayed more prominently.
- You can configure a chat submenu, which includes selections for Settings (if automatic translation is configured) and Logout. For more information, see Enabling the chat submenu in the Self Service Portal.
- When an agent closes the chat session, the chat window remains open for the self serve user. This allows the self serve user to mail himself the chat transcript at the end of the chat.
- The new user interface was enhanced to work on mobile devices.
Enhancements for support agents
The following enhancements are available for support agents:
Enhancements for administrators
The following enhancements are available for administrators:
Downloading the service pack
For download instructions, see Downloading the installation files.
Installing the service pack
The service pack installer is a full product installer that you can use to install BMC Virtual Chat or to upgrade from earlier versions, as described in Installing and Upgrading.