Use the following procedure to prepare for an upgrade of BMC Virtual Agent.
To prepare for upgrade
- Verify that your system meets the minimum system requirements. For more information, see System requirements.
- Review the Known and corrected issues for workarounds with known installation and upgrade issues.
- Back up the BMC Remedy AR System database.
- Back up any BMC Virtual Agent customized files. Specifically, back up the following files:
- In the Self Service Portal Configuration pane, delete all the interfaces except for Language - Global.
- Click Show Disabled.
The following image shows the interfaces to delete.
- Select an interface.
- Click Modify.
- Set the Status to Delete.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps b-e for the remaining interfaces.
Where to go from here
Downloading the installation files
Performing the upgrade