This section describes the manual upgrade process. Refer to these steps if the automated installation did not complete successfully or your system did not pass the installation verification tests.
Before you begin
- Review the compatibility matrix, and ensure that BMC Virtual Agent is compatible with your system.
- Review the requirements for BMC Remedy AR System, BMC Atrium CMDB, and any supporting BMC Remedy ITSM applications.
- Review Known and corrected issues for installation and upgrade issues and workarounds.
- Back up the BMC Remedy AR System database. This important step enables you to restore BMC Remedy AR System to its preinstallation state if you encounter problems.
- Ensure that no application is using ports 6225 and 6226, which BMC Virtual Agent requires for successful operation. Open both directions between the BMC AR System and Mid Tier servers.
- If you are installing in an AR System server group, complete the installation and configuration for the primary and secondary servers. For more information, see Installing a server group and Configuring server groups in the BMC Remedy AR System online documentation.
Manual upgrade procedures