The Virtual Agent application is distributed as a definition file for BMC Remedy AR System. Import this file by using BMC Remedy Developer Studio.
To import the Virtual Agent application
- Log on to BMC Remedy Developer Studio.
- Select File > Import.
In the Import window, select Application.
This file is imported as an application, not a definition.
- Navigate to the BMCChat_81.def file (from the installation package), and click Next.
- Select the Virtual Agent application from the list.
- Select the following options and click Import:
- Replace Objects on Destination Server
- Delete Excess Fields
- Delete Excess Views
- Handle Conflicting Types: Replace with New Type
The import process can take 5 to 30 minutes (or longer) to complete. The import time depends on your configuration.
Review the Error/Warning log. Verify the only messages you see are about a character set warning.
After the application has been installed, updates do not overwrite your existing configuration data.