BMC Virtual Agent was previously called BMC Chat. The product was originally released as BMC Chat 8.0 and has been renamed in the current release to BMC Virtual Agent 8.1.
8.1.02.001, November 7, 2014
Patch 1 for Service Pack 2 (8.1.02.001) is available.
Corrects defects with the new Self Service Portal UI, Support Agent Console, Chat Alerts, BMC Knowledge Management integration. It also includes the Logs Collector, a utility that gathers log files, configuration files, and environment information to send to Support.
For a summary of all announcements, see Release notes and notices.
Version 8.1.02 of BMC Virtual Agent includes the following enhancements:
- New Self Service Portal
- Chat availability and acceptance enhancements
It also corrects issues for the following components:
- Self Service Portal
- Support Agent Console
- Monitoring and Reporting Console
- Virtual Agent Administration Console
- Chat alerts
For complete information about what's new or changed, see Service Pack 2: 8.1.02.
Where to start
In the following list, click the link related to your role to learn more about how to proceed with this product:
- End users: Self Service Portal, Using the Self Service Portal
- New support and manager users: Business value, User goals and features, End-to-end process, User roles, Sample session with a virtual agent, Sample session with a live agent, Practice with a virtual agent, Practice with a live agent
- Supporting agents: End-to-end process, Support Agent Console, Using the Support Agent Console
- Administrators: Planning, Installing, Configuring after installation, Integrating, Administering
- Developers: Developing