By default, BMC PATROL monitors all disks. This task describes how to determine which disks BMC PATROL excludes from monitoring and how to resume monitoring disks that have been excluded.
Before you begin
- The exclusion list feature supports regular expressions. To stop monitoring large numbers of disks that have uniform names, use regular expressions.
- To perform this task, you must be in developer mode. If you attempt to stop monitoring a disk when in operator mode, BMC PATROL displays the following error message in the system output window.
DISK: Only Development Console can filter an instance
To Stop Monitoring Disks
On any disk, perform the following steps.
- Access the DISK application menu as described in Accessing KM Commands and InfoBoxes.
- Select Edit DISK Exclusion List.
The DISK Exclusion List dialog box appears, which contains two list boxes: Monitored Disks and Excluded Disks.
DISK Exclusion List Dialog Box
- In the Monitored Disks list box, select the disk that you want to exclude from monitoring.
- Click Apply.
BMC PATROL adds the disk to the list of excluded disks and then removes the disk icon from the PATROL Object Hierarchy.
- Repeat step 1 through step 4 for each disk that you want to exclude.
Stopping the monitoring of a disk
Resuming the monitoring of all disks
Resuming the monitoring of an excluded disk
Using Exclusion and Inclusion Lists