Service policies are used to send selected CI status change events in the BMC TrueSight Operations Management service model to Incident Management through the integration gateway to create incidents.
You can create, edit, and delete service policies in BMC TrueSight Operations Management using the BMC Intelligent Incident Service Policy Console. This console contains a sample service policy that you can use as an example.
To create a service policy
- From the BMC TrueSight Operations Management console, select Administration > Integrations.
- In the Intelligent Ticketing Configurations section, click the action menu for Configure Intelligent Incident service policies for CI based incidents and select Edit.
- From the BMC Intelligent Incident Service Policy Console screen, click Create.
- In the Create Policy For Incident Creation dialog box, enter the parameters that identify the new policy and specify to which BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management cell instance the policy applies, as described in the following list:
Policy Name: Type a new policy name. The policy name must contain no spaces; otherwise, an error message is displayed.
- Cell Name: From the list of cells registered to your BMC TrueSight Presentation Server, select the cell to which the policy applies.
- Enable: Select Yes to activate the policy after it is saved; otherwise, select No.
- Integration Instance: Based on the selected Cell, the associated Integration instance is displayed.
- In the Service Impact Manager Selection Criteria section, enter parameters for the component to which the policy applies.
- Class: Select the CI class to which the policy applies.
- Components: Within the designated class, specify the components to which the policy applies:
- All components in a selected class
- Components with names that begin with a specified text string
- Selected components
- To select a particular component, click Edit. In the Policy Component Selection dialog box, shown in the following figure, highlight only the components that you want to include.
Use the Begins with field to type the first few letters of a component name.
Click Submit after you add the available components to the Selected Components list.
- Priority: Select the lowest priority to which the policy applies. The policy applies to the priority that you select and all other priorities above the selected priority.
- Status: Select the best status to which the policy applies. The policy applies to the status that you select and all other values above the selected status.
- Create incident on Sub-status change: Select this check box to create an Impact incident if the sub-status of an impacted service changes.
- Sub-Status: Select the best sub status to which the policy applies.
- In the Incident Creation Criteria section, enter parameters for the incident to which the policy applies.
- Incident for: Select whether to create an incident based on the:
- Optimized causal CI
- Optimized impacted and causal CIs
Optimized causal CI and optimized impacted and causal CIs create incidents based on the BMC Service Resolution solution.
- In the Incident Behavior in SIM OK Status section, enter parameters for the incident to which the policy applies:
- Click Save.
A message confirms that the new policy has been added and saved.
You can view the same policy in the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management administrator console under Administration > Event Management Policies > MyProduction > Cell name > By Policy Type > Intelligent Incident Service Policy.
To edit a service policy
- In the BMC Intelligent Incident Service Policy Console screen, select a policy and click Edit.
- Make the required changes to the policy.
- Click Save.
To delete a service policy
- In the BMC Intelligent Incident Service Policy Console screen, select a policy and click Delete.
- In the confirmation dialog box that appears, click OK.
Integrating with BMC Intelligent Ticketing
Configuring the Impact and Urgency values