This topic lists some common problems encountered with event management policies and some tools to assist you troubleshoot problems not listed here.
Problem: The policy is not running
If the policy is not running, try the following:
- Access the Policy Details tab for the policy and ensure that the Enabled check box is selected.
- (Dynamic enrichment policies only) Access the Policy Details tab for the policy and ensure that Match Fields and Output Fields contain the exact same number of match fields in the same order as the associated data enrichment source file.
- (Dynamic enrichment policies only) Ensure that you have imported the data from the data enrichment source file into the cell using the Import tab.
- For policies that use a schedule, check to see if
CellEventEnable=Nois set in mcell.conf. If it is, change it to
Problem: I receive an invalid data error when running a dynamic enrichment policy
Access the Policy Details tab for the policy and ensure that Match Fields and Output Fields contain the exact number of match fields in the same order as the associated data enrichment source file.
The following figure shows an example error message generated by a dynamic enrichment policy that has a mismatch between the match and output fields defined in the policy and the number of columns included in the enrichment data source file.
Problem: I receive an error message when running a dynamic enrichment blackout policy
Ensure that the time frame defined in the data source enrichment file actually exists. For information about creating valid time frames, see How to create a new local timeframe.
The following figure shows an example error message generated by a dynamic blackout policy that contains an invalid time frame.
Problem: I have several thousand data records displayed in the Dynamic Data Editor tab
If the Match Table field contains several thousand data records (testing has noted 7500), then when you try to run a copy, paste, export, or print action, you may encounter poor response times from the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server and find
message buffer full exceptions in the trace files.
To overcome this limitation, you can uncomment the five sizing properties in the installationDirectory\admin\etc\ix.properties file as shown below.
After modifying the ix.properties file, you must log out and log back in to the administrator console.
Troubleshooting tools for dynamic enrichment policies
You can use the following methods to troubleshoot the dynamic enrichment policies that you have defined:
- Select the Match Tracing check box on the Dynamic Enrichment Policy Details tab to to add diagnostic notes to the event.
- Access the History tab and check the operations log file to determine which dynamic enrichment policy added the information into the event.