- The interim Integration Service must be a staging Integration Service for the Central Monitoring Administration to process the request and assign a new phone home.
- You cannot apply staging policies on Integration Services earlier than version 9.5.
To create a staging policy
- In the navigation pane of the Central Monitoring Administration console, click the Policies drawer.
- Expand Staging, and select one of the following policy views:
- Click Add , or select an existing policy and click Edit .
Provide the following information:
Instructions Name Name for the policy. The policy names must be unique. In an environment with tenants, the policy names must be unique for a single tenant. It is a mandatory field. Description (Optional) A brief description about the policy Enable policy Indicates whether the policy is enabled or disabled. By default, the policy is enabled. If you disable a policy when you create it, the policy configurations are not applied to the BMC PATROL Agents and the child servers. If you disable any existing policy, the policy configurations are removed from the BMC PATROL Agents and the child servers, where the policy was applied. Tenant (For environments with tenants) Name of the tenant who owns the policy. The other supported values are as follows:
- Global—Indicates that the policy is applicable to all the BMC PATROL Agents that match policy conditions. The default value is Global.
- No Associated Tenant—Indicates that the policy is applicable only to the BMC PATROL Agents that are not associated with any tenant and match policy conditions
Precedence Priority of the policy. Based on the precedence number you configure, the configuration is applied on the BMC PATROL Agents and BMC ProactiveNet Child Servers.
The precedence number ranges from 0 to 999. The configuration from a policy with a higher precedence overrides the configuration from a policy with a lower precedence.
The default value is 999. A lower number indicates a higher precedence. It is a mandatory field.
- Click Next.
Configure the condition to select the BMC PATROL Agents on which you want to apply the policy. For information about configuring the condition, see To select an agent or multiple agents.
The staging policy is applicable only when the BMC PATROL Agent configuration request comes through a staging Integration Service.
- (Optional) On the Agent Configuration page, specify the tag that you want to assign to the BMC PATROL Agent. The format of each tag is tagName:tagDescription. If the tag description contains spaces, enclose the description within double quotes. You can also provide multiple tags, separated by commas.
For example, tag1:"Brief Description",tag2:"Description"
- In the BMC ProactiveNet Integration Service list, specify an Integration Service or an Integration Service Cluster that you want to set as BMC PATROL Agent phone home. The supported values are as follows:
- Single Integration Service
- Integration Service Cluster
If you have selected Integration Service Cluster, you have the option to create a new cluster. Click New to create a new cluster. For more information about creating a cluster, see Adding a cluster.
If the policy does not reflect the new cluster that you created and selected, edit the policy and re-select the cluster.
- Click Finish.