A propagation policy forwards events to other cells or to integrations to other products.
To create a new propagation policy
- From the Event Management Policies tab of the Administration View, expand the By Policy Type folder.
- Under the By Policy Type folder, select Propagation Policy and click OK.
- Click Add Policy .
A Selector Chooser dialog box is displayed.
- From the Selector Chooser dialog box, select the event selector that you want to use for this policy and click OK.
The Propagation Policy Details tab is displayed in the details pane of the Administration View, as shown inthe following figure.
Propagation Policy Details tab
- In the Policy Name field, type a unique alphanumeric name for the event management policy. The name must contain no spaces.
- In the Description field, type a description of the event management policy.
- To enable the event management policy, select the Enabled check box. If you do not want to enable the policy at this time, you can return to this dialog box and enable the policy later.
- In the Policy Activation Timeframes section, define the periods of time the event management policy should be active (when enabled) by performing the following actions:
- Select one of the following choices:
- To make the event management policy active continuously, select Always Active.
- To specify when the policy is active or inactive, select Define Activation Timeframes.
The Active Timeframes and Not Active Timeframes check boxes are enabled.
- If you selected Define Activation Timeframes, depending on how you want to define the timeframe for your policy do one or both of the following:
In the Propagate to all of list, select one or more cells.
Propagation cell list
- In the Propagate to one of list, select one or more cells.
- To save the completed event propagation policy, click OK.
BMC ProactiveNet Administration Console saves the defined event management policy, and it is displayed in the list of event policies for the selected event selector.