Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
To define roles and permissions
- In the BMC ProactiveNet Administration Console, select the Administration > General Administration tab.
- Expand the Advanced Options folder.
- Select and right-click the Role folder and select Add Role.
- In the Add Roles and Permissions dialog box, enter the Name of the new role.
- Select from the Permissions options.
Select the Super Admin option to assign all permissions in the Permissions List to the role.
The Permissions List is dimmed and unavailable.
When a user group is assigned a role that has Super Admin selected, all users associated to that user group become a Super Administrator of the system with access to all entities in the system and full permissions.
- Select Limited Access option to select from the permissions in the Permissions List.
Select the permissions to assign to the role.
- When creating a new role, you must select Allow Operations Console or Allow SLO management console to enable the user to access at least one of the consoles.
- The Permissions List master check box might not display the correct status. However, you can still select all or no permissions when you select or clear the master check box.
- Click Finish.
- Add the new user group to the following .mrl files in the Knowledge Base of the cell.
For more details about .mrl files, see Event rules.
- After you add the custom user group to the .mrl files, compile and reload the cell by opening a command prompt and entering the following commands:
Log on to the BMC ProactiveNet Operations Console using a user account from the group to which you added the custom role.
You can also define roles and permissions by clicking New from the user group screen.