This topic describes an example of how to implement support for required fields. When users create a new incident, they may be required to select an option for Product Categorization Tier 1 (a required field). This feature is not supported in this version of BMC Mobility for Remedy ITSM. To work around this issue, create a custom filter that sets the value for Product Categorization Tier 1. Create this filter on the data store to which the BMC Mobility server is connected.
To create a custom Set Fields filter
- In BMC Remedy Developer Studio, create a new filter.
- On the Associate Forms panel, add the HPD:Help Desk form.
This form will be the Primary Form.
- On the Execution Options panel, select Add Action > Submit.
- On the Run If Qualification panel, enter the following string:
$CLIENT-TYPE$ = 10
- Right-click on the If Actions panel header, and select Set Fields.
- On the Set Fieldspanel:
- From the Data Source list, select CURRENT TRANSACTION.
- In the field mapping table, click the first blank row in the Field column, and then click the ellipsis button.
- In the Field Selector dialog box, enter Product Categorization Tier 1.
- In the Value column for this field, enter "Software".
- Click OK.
- Save the filter.
When a user creates a new incident from a mobile device, the filter sets the value for Product Categorization Tier 1 field. After incident is created, the user can modify the Product Categorization fields in the Details view.