This topic describes setting Apple push notifications for the BMC Mobility for Remedy ITSM Approvals and Incident Management applications. This information applies to all Apple iOS mobile devices such as the iPad and the iPhone.
To set Apple push notifications
- After you install the BMC Mobility for Remedy ITSM applications, tap Settings in the display of applications.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap Approvals or Incidents.
The default settings for the Notification Center are set to ON as shown in the following figure:
- If you do not want notifications to show in the list, tap and slide the button next to the Notification Center to Off.
- To change the alert style, tap one of the following options: Alerts, Banners, or None.
- If you set the alert style to Alerts, the incident alerts are displayed in middle of the mobile screen.
- If you set the alert style to Banners, the incident alerts are displayed with a banner at the top of the mobile screen.
- If you set the alert style to None, you do not receive incident alerts.
- If you want the application to trigger a sound when you receive an alert, tap Sounds to ON.
- If you want to view alerts when the screen is locked, tap View in Lock Screen to On.
If the Notification Center, Sounds, or View in Lock Screen fields are set to ON, you still receive alerts. Set all fields to Off to stop receiving alerts.