This topic describes how to set Apple push notifications for both the BMC Remedy ITSM - Mobility: Service Desk for Approvals and Incident Management applications. This applies to all Apple iOS mobile devices such as the iPad and the iPhone.
To set Apple push notifications
- After you install the BMC Remedy ITSM - Mobility: Service Desk applications, tap Settings in the display of applications.
- Tap Notifications.
The default settings for the Notification Center are set to ON as shown in the following figure:
- If you do not want notifications to show in the list, tap and slide the button next to the Notification Center to Off.
- To change the alert style, tap one of the following options: Alerts, Banners, or None.
- If you set the alert style to Alerts, then the incident alerts are displayed in middle of the of the mobile apps screen.
- If you set the alert style to Banners, then the incident alerts are displayed with a banner at the top of the mobile apps screen.
- If you set the alert style to None, you will not receive incident alerts.
- If you want the application to trigger a sound when you receive an alert, tap Sounds to ON. Tap Off if you do not want the application to trigger a sound when you receive an alert.
If you want to view alerts when the screen is locked, tap View in Lock Screen to On. Tap Offif you do not want to receive alerts when the screen is locked.
If the Notification Center, Sounds, or View in Lock Screen are set to ON, you still receive alerts. Set all to Off to stop receiving alerts.