This topic provides information about setting an SMTP connection for sending email notifications.
Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol is used for sending emails to servers.
Where to find more information
To set up an SMTP connection
- Navigate to Administration > External Configurations.
- Select Email Configuration from the list at the top-left of your screen.
- Provide the following details:
- External Configuration Name: Provide a name to identify this external configuration.
- Host Name/IP: Provide the host name or IP address of the SMTP server.
- Host Port: Provide the port number of the SMTP server..
- (Optional) Provide the following credentials, if your SMTP server is configured for authentication:
- User Name: User name for connecting with the SMTP server.
- Password: Password for connecting with the SMTP server.
- Sender Email: Provide the email address to use for sending emails.
- Click Save.