Activation activities for your BMC Helix Client Management service include provisioning of the solution in all environments, configuring basic data to enable you to use your service, and providing you with login IDs and passwords to each environment.
As activation activities are completed, BMC sends you an email message with credentials and general information about accessing and using your service. The URLs for your BMC Helix Client Management service follows these formats:
The BMC Helix Client Management console provides an interface for managing your clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Development environment: https://<customerprefix>-dev-bcm.onbmc.com:<port>/console
- Production environment: https://<customerprefix>-bcm.onbmc.com:<port>/console
A Rollout Server is a BMC Helix Client Management agent used to deploy other agents.
- Development environment: https://<customerprefix>-dev-bcm.onbmc.com:<port>/rollout
- Production environment: https://<customerprefix>-bcm.onbmc.com:<port>/rollout
You will define <customerprefix> when registering your service in the BMC SaaS registration portal. This prefix must be unique and may not contain special characters. BMC will define the <port> and provide that to you in the activation email.
Custom URL naming conventions are not allowed.
Activation activities include the following:
- Provision the following environments:
- Development — This environment is used for implementing and testing system changes and provides visibility to new releases. The development environment is fully accessible by customers and their authorized representatives. You will be provided with an administrator ID to this environment.
- Production — Your production environment is for customer-authorized users and provides access to the live, operational system. This environment is directly managed by the BMC SaaS Operations team and is monitored and proactively managed with BMC tools to ensure BMC meets or exceeds its service level agreement.
- Configure basic customer-specific content:
- Setup of one Rollout Server
- Setup of one user, to facilitate administrative access to the system
- Test and verify that the BMC Helix Client Management solution is available and accessible in all environments.