Activation of your BMC Helix Capacity Optimization services include provisioning of one production and one development environment for each service purchased.
As activation completes, BMC sends you an email message with login credentials for each environment, along with general information about accessing and using your service. The URL for your BMC Helix Capacity Optimization services follows these formats:
BMC Helix Capacity Optimization dashboard:
- Development environment: https://<customerprefix>-dev-optdash.onbmc.com
- Production environment: https://<customerprefix>-optdash.onbmc.com
BMC Helix Capacity Optimization console:
- Development environment: https://<customerprefix>-dev-optconsole.onbmc.com
- Production environment: https://<customerprefix>-optconsole.onbmc.com
- Development environment: ftp://<customerprefix>-opt-dev-ftp.onbmc.com/FromOnDemand/optimize-onprem
- Production environment: ftp://<customerprefix>-opt-ftp.onbmc.com/FromOnDemand/optimize-onprem
You will define <customerprefix> when registering your service in the BMC SaaS registration portal. This prefix must be unique and may not contain special characters.
BMC determines the customer-specific URL and custom URL naming conventions are not allowed.
Activation activities include the following:
- Provision the following BMC Helix Capacity Optimization environments:
- Development — This environment is used for implementing and testing system changes and provides visibility to new releases. The development environment is fully accessible by customers and their authorized representatives. You will be provided with an administrator ID to this environment.
- Production — Your production environment is for customer-authorized users and provides access to the live, operational system. This environment is directly managed by the BMC SaaS Operations team and is monitored and proactively managed with BMC tools to ensure BMC meets or exceeds its service level agreement.
- Configure the BMC Client Gateway to both environments (BMC will send you the gateway .xml file for each environment with your notification email)
- Provision user credentials for one administrator user, for authenticating to the BMC Capacity Optimization environments
- Configure the FTP servers for file transfer activities
- Test and verify that the BMC Helix Capacity Optimization solutions are available and accessible in both environments