The installation and configuration of BMC ProactiveNet Converged Infrastructure monitoring, you must first create an installation package in BMC ProactiveNet Central Monitoring Administration. An installation package for a component such as Converged Infrastructure, can be downloaded and installed on many servers. The component installation package can be edited and saved under a new name.
To install BMC ProactiveNet Converged Infrastructure monitoring do the following:
- Log in to BMC ProactiveNet Central Monitoring Administration. For information see
Enabling and configuring Central Monitoring Administration
- In the navigation pane, click the Downloads drawer and select Install Store.
- Perform one of the following:
- If you have already saved a component installation package for Converged Infrastructure, select the package from the screen or use Filter by Operating System menu to find the package.
- If you have already saved a component installation package for Converged Infrastructure, you can edit an existing package and save it under a new name. You can edit any part of an existing component installation package except the operating system and platform. For details, see
Creating and editing component installation packages
- Add a new component installation package for Converged Infrastructure. for details, see Creating a component installation package.
- Download the component installation package, extract it, and run the installation file. The installation is performed silently.
For detailed instructions on installing components from the BMC ProactiveNet Package Installation Repository, see
Creating and editing component installation packages.