Deploy the offline documentation on a web server by using one of the following methods:
- If this is the first BMC offline documentation archive that you are installing on the web server, extract the zip file to the web application deployment folder of your web container (servlet container).
For example, with an Apache Tomcat web server, extract the zip file to tomcatInstallationDirectory\webapps.
- If at least one BMC offline documentation archive is already installed on the web server, perform the following steps:
- Extract the zip file to your hard drive.
- Open the extracted localhelp folder.
- Copy only the productName version folder and the productName version.map.txt file to the localhelp folder of your web container (servlet container).
For example, if you are deploying BMC Asset Management 8.1 documentation to an Apache Tomcat web server, copy the asset81 folder and the BMC Asset Management 8.1.map.txt file to <TomcatInstallationDirectory>\webapps\localhelp. Do not include the other folders and file.
To view the offline documentation in a browser
Type the following URL:
For example: http://SanJoseTomcat:8080/localhelp/ars81/Home.html