Before you proceed with the installation, perform the following:
Install the prerequisite software
Before installing BMC Change Automation, ensure that the following prerequisite software is installed:
|1||BMC Remedy ITSM 9.1 SP2 or later|
This product installation is required to get the BMC Remedy Change Management features.
For installation steps, see
Installing BMC Remedy ITSM
in the BMC Remedy ITSM Deployment 9.1 online documentation.
|2||BMC Server Automation server 8.9 or later|
This product installation is required to get the automation features.
For installation steps, see
in the BMC Server Automation 8.9 online documentation.
Create database tables if you are using an external database
Create database tables
If you are already using BMC Atrium Orchestrator 7.9 and if you are planning to use an external database instead of the embedded Derby database, create the database tables that are required for this integration and then run the BMC Change Automation installer. For information about creating tables, see Creating database tables.
Download the installation files
This section explains how to obtain the files that you need for installation from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) site.
Create a directory in which to place the downloaded files.
On Microsoft Windows computers, ensure that the directory is only one level into the directory structure. The EPD package creates a directory in the temporary directory when you extract the files, and the directory that contains the installation image must not be in a directory deeper than two levels into the directory structure.
- Go to the BMC Change Automation Download page.
(Linux): Click here.
(Windows): Click here.
- At the logon prompt, enter your user ID and password, and click Submit.
- On the Export Compliance and Access Terms page, provide the required information, accept the terms of the agreements, and click Continue.
- If you are accessing this site for the first time, create an EPD profile to specify the languages and platforms that you want to see, per the EPD site help; otherwise, skip to step 6.
- Verify that the correct profile is displayed for your download purpose. Use the Profile list to select a different profile.
- From the Component View (the default view), in the Filter Products text box under Products, type productName and press Enter, or click Go.
- From the list of products displayed on the right side, click the appropriate product license.
- In the pop-up window, select the Version (default selection is the latest GA version), the Platform (if applicable), and click Go.
Click one of the following tabs, and select the check boxes next to the files and documents to download:
You cannot select files across the tabs. When you click another tab, current selections are cleared.
- Click Download (FTP) or Download Manager:
- Download (FTP) places the selected items in an FTP directory, and the credentials and FTP instructions are sent to you in an email message.
- Download Manager enables you to download multiple files consecutively and to resume an interrupted download if the connection drops.
This method requires a one-time installation of the Akamai NetSession client program on the target computer and is usually the faster and more reliable way to transfer files. A checksum operation is used to verify file integrity automatically.
- Repeat steps 10 and 11 for each tab.
- To go back to the product listing page to download other product files, or to logout from EPD, click the << Back to Product List link that is displayed to the top-right of the pop-up window.
Where to go from here
Performing the installation