To perform the installation, your system must meet the following prerequisites:
- The target computer must meet the system requirements as listed in System requirements and product compatibility.
- To install Infrastructure Management CMDB Extensions, you must use the same operating-system user name and password that was used for installation of the BMC Remedy AR System Server.
- The user account used to perform the installation and the BMC Remedy user to whom incidents are automatically assigned must have administrator permission on the target computer.
- Ensure that you have the required permissions to connect to the BMC Remedy AR System Server.
- Supported versions of Infrastructure Management and BMC Remedy Service Desk must be installed and must share the same Infrastructure Management CMDB Extensions. For supported versions of BMC products, see System requirements and product compatibility.
Preparing the BMC Remedy AR System Server computer
Perform the following tasks on the computer where the BMC Remedy AR System Server is installed.
To ensure the correct AR System server user permissions
- Log on to the BMC Remedy AR System Server.
- Click File > Open > Object List.
- Click the Find tab, search for the User form, and click Find.
- Double-click the User form to open it in search mode.
- Click Search.
- Select the user ID that you used to connect to the BMC Remedy AR System Server.
A record for the selected user appears.
- In the Group Listfield for the selected user, add the following permissions:
- Incident Config
- Incident Master
- Contact Organization Admin
- Contact Location Admin
- Contact People Admin
- Contact Support Admin
- Config Group Mapping Admin
- Config Categorization Admin
To Increase the filter API RPC Timeout value
- Log on to BMC Remedy AR User as Administrator.
- Click AR System Administration Console> System> General> Server Information.
- On the Server Information page, click the Timeouts tab.
- Modify the value of the FilterAPI RPC Timeout (seconds) field to
- Click Apply and then Close.
- Restart the BMC Remedy AR System server.
Installing Integration for BMC Remedy Service Desk integration module
The Integration for BMC Remedy Service Desk integration module is automatically installed with the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server. For information about installing the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server, see Installing the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server on Microsoft Windows with Sybase as database and Installing the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server on Linux or Solaris with Sybase as database.