Metric profiles allow you to create a group of metrics for which data should be imported by an ETL module. This feature can currently be configured from the Collection level tab of all Out-of-the-box ETL modules.
Creating a Metric profile
- An out-of-the-box profile, Global profile, is available on the Metric profiles page. This profile is used by all ETL modules by default, if a Custom Metric profile is not selected from the Collection level tab. The aging level is preconfigured for various System and Business Driver metrics that are part of the Global profile.
- A custom profile, Compatibility profile, is available on the Metric profiles page. This profile is used for upgrading all ETLs from earlier releases of BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization. This profile contains all metrics with level set to  Standard.
To create a new Metric Profile:
- Navigate to Administration > DATA WAREHOUSE > Metric profiles.
- Click Add Metric Profile.
- Type the Profile name and Description.
- Click Save.
The Metric profiles page is displayed.
- Click the Profile name from the list.
The following tabs are available and can be used for various configurations:
- System Metrics - Use this tab to add System Metrics to the profile. For more information, see Adding metrics to a profile.
- Business Driver Metrics - Use this tab to add Business Driver Metrics to the profile. For more information, see Adding metrics to a profile.
- Aging Class mapping - Use this tab to change the mapping between the level defined for metrics and the Aging class. For more information on configuration options, see Aging Class mapping.
- Click Save after you add metrics and define the mapping.
- Navigate to any of the Out-of-the-box ETL modules and configure the Metric Profile that should be used from the Collection level tab.
Adding metrics to a profile
Use the System Metrics and Business Driver Metrics tabs to add metrics to the metric profile.
Filtering the metrics
Select the following filters to filter the metrics displayed for adding to the metric profile:
Aging Class mapping
Use this tab to define the mapping of Metric profile aging to the Data Warehouse Aging class.
Select one or more Metric profile level, and click Change Aging Class.
- Select the level of the Aging class from the Change aging dialog and click Proceed.
- The aging level mapping for the selected Metric profile(s) are updated.
Following is the Aging Class mapping for Global profile:
|Level||Aging Class mapping|
Following is the Aging Class mapping for Compatibility profile:
|Level||Aging Class mapping|
Managing a Metric profile
to edit or click to delete a Metric profile.
If you delete custom metric profile(s) that are currently in use by one or more ETL modules, the ETL modules will default to using the Global profile. All the settings selected in the Collection level tab for the ETL modules will be reverted.