The Maintenance Tool utility is included with the BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization installation, and is made up of tabbed pages that provide options for administering the product.
For the current release, only the Logs tab of BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization Maintenance Tool is supported.
The following sections describe how to start the utility and use the options available:
Starting the maintenance tool
- On the computer where you installed BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization, browse to the product installation directory. The default location is: /opt/bmc/BCO/bco
- Type the command, ./BCOMaintenanceTool.sh and press Enter.
It opens by default on the Logs tab.
BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization Maintenance Tool
Maintenance Tool Logs tab
You can use the BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization Maintenance Tool Logs tab to view installation and configuration log files, locate and view other log files, and zip log files to send to BMC Customer Support.
To view and zip log files
- Start BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization Maintenance Tool.
The application opens by default on the Logs tab. There are buttons for the installation, uninstallation, and configuration log files.
Click Install Log to view the installation log file.
The following actions are available:
- Click one of the date tabs over the table to see events for the specified date.
- Click a column heading to sort the table according to that parameter.
- Select an item in the table to see details relative to the item appear in the area below the table.
- Use the and buttons to search for or filter details.
- Save the file under another name using the option from the File menu.
- Click Uninstall Log or Configuration Log to view those files.
- Click Browse to Log to locate and view additional log files.
- Click Zip Logs, to package BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization-related log files for email or transfer to a technical support person. After the process is complete, the location of the zipped files is displayed. By default the file is called is bcoLogs.zip and is stored in the UNIX and Linux /var/tmp or /tmp directories.
- Click Zip All Logs, to package log files for all BMC Software products installed on the computer, for email or transfer to a technical support person. After the process is complete, the location of the zipped files is displayed. By default the file is called is AllLogs-<computerName>.zip and is stored in the UNIX and Linux /var/tmp or /tmp directories.
The following image shows an example of the Install Log window.