Using policy-based planning, BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization considers business, technical, and compliance constraints when identifying the optimal workload placement to ensure workload compatibility, minimize resource contention, and use the fewest resources.
- Gain a comprehensive view of shared resources, including physical utilization at the host level and virtual utilization at the virtual machine level
- Model consolidation, virtualization, and cloud activities by identifying best candidates, targets, and placement scenarios with respect to technical, geographical, and business criteria
- Identify required additional resources and best configurations at the virtualization layer, including data store and memory requirements associated with these scenarios
- Automatically forecast resource utilization in the cloud with respect to business KPIs
- Simulate how changes in cost models might affect accounting and chargeback analysis and reports