If you are using Integration Studio (with Dashboard installed) over a local Tomcat server instance, you can easily debug a portlet project. The following task explains how this is done:
- Create a WAR file of your portlet project and deploy it in Tomcat (as detailed in Deploying a portlet project) to ensure that all Tomcat files are in sync with your source code.
catalina.batfile of your Tomcat instance by adding the following environment variables:
- Start Tomcat using the
catalina.bat jpda start command.
- If it is not already, open your portlet project in Integration Studio.
- From the Integration Studio menu, select Run and click Debug Configurations.
- In the left pane of the Debug Configurations dialog box, right-click Remote Java Application in the tree view, select New to add a new Remote Java Application, and configure it as shown in the following figure:
Configuring a new _Remote Java Application
- Click Apply to save your configuration (optional).
Click Debug to debug your portlet project.
Before you debug a portlet project, ensure that the Debug perspective is enabled.
Integration Studio will connect to the Tomcat server and the execution will be interrupted at each breakpoint set in the source code.