By default, a connection to the BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization database is already defined in Integration Studio; you can find it in the Data Explorer view by expanding the Data Sources node. The following graphic shows the Data Explorer tab.
Viewing available data sources
To configure a different data source
If you want to configure a different data source, follow these steps. Note that this task is optional.
- Select the Data Explorer view.
- Right-click the Data Sources node, and click New Data Source.
- From the New Data Source dialog box, select the appropriate option for data source creation, enter a name for your new data source, and click Next.
Selecting the data source type
- In the New Data Source dialog box, enter all parameters necessary to establish the new data source.
- Click Test Connection to test the connection to your new data source based on the parameters you just entered.
- Click Finish to create the data source.
Your new data source is now displayed under Data Sources in Data Explorer, and is ready to use.