Business Service Management (BSM) provides a comprehensive and unified platform that simultaneously optimizes IT costs, demonstrates transparency, increases business value, controls risk, and assures quality of service.Delivering an 'ERP for IT', BSM simplifies, standardizes, and automates IT processes so that you can manage business services efficiently across their lifecycle -- across distributed, mainframe, virtual, and cloud-based resources.
With BSM, your organization has the trusted information it needs, can prioritize work based on business critical services, and can orchestrate workflow across your core IT management functions.
Managing the lifecycle of services
Every business service — whether it’s order processing, email, or payroll — has a lifecycle. IT must define it, move it into production, ensure that it is running effectively, and make changes as the business requires. Furthermore, IT must be able to constantly assess services for compliance and plan for future services.
All of these tasks are interrelated. For example, services that are built and configured should be known to the IT management system that is monitoring the ongoing performance of the applications that support the services.
The key phases of the IT Service Lifecycle managed by BSM are:
- Request and Support — Simplify and automate processes for requesting, changing, and supporting business services with the industry’s leading service support solution
- Create a stable environment using a unified ITIL® process model
- Increase staff productivity and consistency by automating processes, policies, and tasks
- Collaborate with application development to reduce mean time to repair (MTTR) and recurring incidents
- Provision and Configure — Consistently deploy complete business services across applications, middleware, servers, networks, databases, and client/mobile devices using a proven unified architecture for provisioning, compliance, and release management
- Accelerate delivery of new services
- Reduce the risk of change
- Improve productivity and lower the unit cost of management
- Enforce operational, security, and regulatory compliance
- Monitor and Operate — Ensure continual business operations by proactively identifying and resolving IT issues across mainframe, distributed, and virtual environments (including private, public, and hybrid clouds)
- Solve issues before users experience problems
- Manage ever-increasing data, transaction, and task volumes with the same or reduced staff
- Increase mainframe and subsystem performance
- Integrate job scheduling and batch processing to a single focal point
- Gain an accurate view of middleware infrastructure and a record of enterprise-wide business service performance
- Link business impact and IT data to make better decisions
- Govern and Control — Manage your IT supply, demand, and budget and ensure compliance with policies and regulations
- Provide transparency and visibility across 95-plus percent of IT spend
- Improve staff utilization by up to 30 percent
- Reduce the cost of compliance activities by up to 30 percent
- Decrease vendor spend by as much as 15 percent
- Assess and prioritize projects based on value and risk to make fact-based decisions
- Integrate and Orchestrate— Discover, model, visualize, and assign priority to business services. Federate and orchestrate data and workflow to improve efficiency
- Seamlessly integrate data and processes to improve decision-making
- Establish a single source of truth for the IT infrastructure
- Define and automate repeatable processes
Enabling your most critical initiatives
As the BSM pioneer and market leader, BMC offers a low-risk, modular approach to implementing BSM. BMC has successfully delivered more BSM implementations than any other company and brings that experience into every engagement.
BSM can be incrementally adopted for the following critical IT initiatives:
- Application Management — BMC helps IT rapidly deliver highquality applications for increased competitive advantage. With BMC solutions, IT will track and understand the impact of changes — from development through production — to avoid outages and slowdowns resulting from those changes.
- Cloud Computing — BMC brings the best of traditional service management together with the flexibility, scalability, and responsiveness of the cloud architecture. This ensures IT meets and exceeds the expectations of the business from the private cloud, and opens the door to integration with public cloud environments with confidence.
- Data Center Automation — BMC offers a comprehensive approach to data center automation that eliminates manual and isolated tasks by automating data center management activities and processes across distributed, mainframe, virtual, and cloud environments and technologies.
- IT Business Management — BMC delivers the only truly integrated approach to managing the business of IT. Built on a comprehensive data model that captures the interdependencies among IT functions, the solution (available both on-premise and on-demand) bridges the silos of information across demand, supply, resources, financials, and risk to provide a single system of record for visibility, coordination, and control of IT.
- IT Service Management — BMC removes complexity and costs, while also providing visibility into the resources, activities, and priorities required to deliver and support business services — either on-premise or on-demand — no matter your company size.
- Mainframe Cost Optimization — BMC helps IT deliver the highest levels of service using the least amount of resources by automating the monitoring and tuning of applications; exploiting specialty processors to reduce monthly variable workload charges; and optimizing the balance between business demand and low-cost processing.
- Proactive Operations — With BMC, IT can simplify the monitoring and management of its data center by combining performance, availability, event, and impact management of physical, virtual, and cloud environments. BMC combines planning, predictive analytics, and preventative automation to increase IT’s responsiveness to business demand, while eliminating costly and risky reactive processes.
BSM environment recommendations