BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization provides a broad range of predictive capabilities, including correlation and analytic modeling, extrapolation analysis, and “what-if” scenarios that support a proactive approach to prevent service disruptions and continuously align capacity with business demand.
- Analyze how capacity needs are related to business drivers by correlating resource performance with business KPIs, such as identifying the storage space requirements of customer relationship management (CRM) users
- Estimate saturation points in terms of business metrics, such as identifying the maximum number of transactions that can be supported by the current infrastructure
- Model how infrastructure changes, such as horizontal/vertical scaling, and business changes, such as business trends, impact resource utilization and service response time
- Identify bottlenecks and required additional capacity to support expected/desired growth in terms of business KPIs, while also respecting thresholds on resource utilization and response times
- Evaluate and compare different hardware options with respect to standard (SPEC, TPC-C) or custom benchmarks, as well as to other criteria, such as overall cost or compliance with Green IT guidelines