Depending on whether you want exclusive access to reports or you want to share reports with other users, you can save reports to personal or public folders.
To save a report
- After you run an out of the box report, select File > Save.
- On the Save As dialog box, in the Name box, type an appropriate name for the report.
- (Optional) In the Description box, type a meaningful description for the report.
- (Optional) In the Keywords box, type keywords that you or other users can use to search for the report in the future.
- Select Permanent regional formatting to associate the report formatting locale permanently with the document.
- To refresh the report data when the report is opened, select the Refresh on open check box.
- Click the Folders tab and navigate to the folder in which you want to save the report.
- Click the Categories tab, and select the categories that you want to associate with the report.
- Click OK.
The report is saved to the selected folder.