The following figure shows the Devices (Network > Spans > Devices) page, which displays a typical list in BMC Network Automation:
The following functions are common to all pages that display lists:
- Show: Set how many list items to display per page.
- Paging: Paging is available at the top and bottom of all lists. Page through the list by using the numbered page (1,2,...N) links. The total number of items in the list is also displayed.
- Sorting: Column headers can be used to sort a list alphabetically or by date/time in ascending or descending order. For example, click the Name column header in the device list to sort the list alphabetically by device name.
- Actions: To the right of each list item are actions that can be performed on the list item. Only actions that the current logged-on user can perform are displayed. Examples of actions are:
- Filtering: Filters can be applied from either the Filter dialog box or from quick filters that are located above some of the columns.
- Filter Status: If the list is filtered, the word Filtered is displayed in the upper left corner.
- Column resizing: Columns can be resized by dragging the column header edge.
- Hovering: When a field is too long to be displayed, it is terminated with an ellipsis (...). Place the cursor over a field to display the full contents.