Perform the following steps to provision a new device:
- External to the system, assign the device an IP address and connect the device to the network.
- Verify that you can contact the device from the BMC Network Automation application server or the applicable remote device agent.
- Add the device to the device inventory. Assign a Device Security Profile (DSP) or use Auto DSP.
- Through the Device list, review the device status to verify that a snapshot was completed. It may take a few minutes to complete, especially if using Auto DSP. If it completes with a failure, verify data entry (the IP address or hostname, the device agent, the DSP, the access mode) and perform other device access troubleshooting.
- Save your settings from step 1 permanently by performing a commit, with Mark As Trusted enabled.
- To clear any reported discrepancies or compliance violations, follow the procedures in Managing devices on the Dashboard.
Managing device security profiles
Managing global substitution parameters